Saturday, February 18, 2012
Second guessing....
So it is Saturday. I have been low carb since Monday. I have lost 5 Lbs. That is more then I lost in a week with WW or anything else. So this makes me second guess this weightloss surgery. Can I just do this on my own? Why am I putting my body through surgery? Lap band is not an easy way out. Average weight loss is 15lbs a month. But you can only eat 2ozs a meal, 3 times a day. You work up to 4 ozs. I did awesome this week and I was not even in the gym once due to a knee injury. So as my knee mends and I am back at the workouts....what could my results be! Can I do this with no surgery? I need to make a final decision. I have one week...ugh!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I vote talk to your doctor. He'll be able to tell you what will be best. You can do anything you set your mind to though. I don't want to tell you don't do the surgery, but if you've done 5 days of no carbs, can you put your mind to not be a "carb girl?" {Me personally, I know I couldn't cut the carbs...I'd go with surgery...but that's me}. I hope you figure out what your plan is and I can't wait to see what you decide and what the results are either way!
ReplyDeleteListen to your gut. Like the above said, you can do ANYTHING if you put your mind to it. I think talking to your doctor could potentially get a "skewed" response. Look at the Biggest Loser contestants. No weight loss surgery and a lot of them have had the same surgery you are doing. They are losing weight with Diet & Exercise...of course, they have all the bells and whistles at their fingertips,unlike most of society, but, I think you are a determined women who can do whatever you want to if you put your mind to it. Have you spoken to a nutritionist? Maybe put it off for a few months and see what you can do?
ReplyDeleteI think no matter what you do, it will take a serious commitment one way or the other!
Good luck lady! You can do it!!!
Thanks ladies. My gut says no, or is it my head! I just don't know. I just know I want the end, so I was using it to justify the means. I saw a nutrionist to get surgery last year. She sacred the shit out of me...that is why I did not do the surgery last year! As to talking to the surgeon...I know surgeons, they want to cut. They will make it all rosey, but she has never had it done!
ReplyDeleteThe diet post surgery will be a lot harder then giving up carbs for awhile. Doing atkins or low carb is not forever. It would just be to kick start things. Post surgery is kinda of an unknown for each person. MOST people can not eat bread or pizza. Some can get pasta. Then some can eat everything. It is one of the things you don't know until you are banded. It just depends on your band and stomach.
I have done it before. I know I can do it!
Uggh! I hate to be conflicted in my head!
Confliction IS the worst feeling. Ever.
ReplyDeleteI think with a tough personal trainer (who will help you through your injuries, etc). nutritionist (who can help you with a strict meal plan) and a good ass kicking, you can achieve the same results, if not more, than you would with the surgery with less risks....but, it's your body, and you know YOU better than anyone! No matter what you choose you will make it work, because like you said, you know what you want in the end.
Good luck!